511 West Oak Avenue
North Wildwood, NJ 08260
Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Gary Sloan, DPW Director
Timothy Chester, Supervisor, Oversees Parking and Street Maintenance
Carl Delinski, Supervisor, Oversees Beaches and Fleet Maintenance
“Our mission is to safely, efficiently and professionally enhance the quality of life in North Wildwood, regardless of time, weather and situation”
Bonnie O’Kane, Executive Assistant
Maureen Chambers, Front Desk and contact for Service Requests and Work Orders
The North Wildwood Department of Public Works strives to satisfy its residents, businesses, tourists, and other City organizations and departments. We welcome the opportunity to serve them. We value their opinions and concerns.
Each division works hard to help build and maintain North Wildwood’s reputation as a clean, attractive, safe and well-respected place for people to live, work and visit. The department will answer any question and respond to any complaint in a timely manner.
These are the responsibilities we handle daily:
- Maintain Streets
- Maintain City Properties
- Maintain Sewers
- Maintain Storm Water System (Catch basins)
- Maintain Beach
- Maintain Vehicle Fleet
- Maintain Convenience Center
- Maintain Parking Meters and Kiosks
In addition, we manage the particular needs presented by special events like festivals, parades, and concerts.
SWEEPING – Weather permitting, we continuously sweep the streets and parking lots. The city is broken down into sections that get attention weekly. If you see broken glass or areas missed due to parked cars, please call the office.
Q & A
What can I do with my GRASS CLIPPINGS?
- Dispose of them with your household garbage. Must be mixed with garbage not in a trash can by itself.
What can I do with YARD DEBRIS?
- Public Works offers a dumpster at their convenience center for disposal. No plastic bags of debris are accepted. Must be either loose in a can or in paper recycle bags only and dumped into designated dumpster.