- National Lighthouse Day 2015 Marks the 226th Anniversary of the Creation of the U. S. Lighthouse Service
- North Wildwood National Night Out
- North Wildwood Celebrates Independence Day with a Parade of Gratitude
- Christmas in July
- North Wildwood Recreation Department and Beach Patrol Hosts Annual Boogie Board Races on Saturday, July 18th
- North Wildwood Welcomes Randazzo Surf Camp to City Beach for Summer 2015
- Dolphin Found on North Wildwood Beach
- NORTH WILDWOOD BEACH PATROL ATTENDS RIP CURRENT/SURF ZONE SAFETY WORKSHOP
- The City of North Wildwood is Now Accepting Applications for Miss North Wildwood 2015
- North Wildwood Designates Surfing Beach for the Summer 2015
- MEDIA ADVISORY - ANGLESEA DAY - INCLEMENT WEATHER SCHEDULE CHANGES
- North Wildwood Beach Patrol Summer Season Schedule
- North Wildwood Proposes Longer Time Limit for Bikes on the Boardwalk
- North Wildwood Memorial Day Service 2015
- Bill Henfey Park Grand Opening - Saturday, May 9th at 11:00 a.m.
- North Wildwood Announces First Ever Establishment of Anglesea Day
- North Wildwood Celebrates Arbor Day by Giving Back and Educating our Youth
- North Wildwood Announces Construction and Limited Access to Allen Park
photos by George Capua
NORTH WILDWOOD HOSTS
North Wildwood – Olde New Jersey Avenue was alive and smoking as thousands gathered in celebration of the 2015 NJ State BBQ Championship and Blues Festival held in North Wildwood, NJ. The events took place from Friday July 10th – Sunday July 12th, 2015, and consisted of live music, spirits, and mouth-watering barbecue.
The free festival kicked off at 4p.m. on Friday with the commencement of the opening ceremony. There was certainly no shortage of tunes for blues music lovers as they danced and sang to the sounds of The Roger Girke Band, Sarah Ayers with the James Supra Band, Sleeping Dogs Lie, Steve Cal Band, Blue Bone, and Chris O’ Leary Blues Band.
While blues music was rocking, 65 teams were competing for the title of New Jersey State Barbecue Champion. Each year the teams are judged in four main categories: pork, brisket, ribs, and chicken. Below please find the 2015 1st place winners:
2015 BBQ STATE CHAMPIONSHIP & BLUES FEST
1st Place for Pork: “B for Chicken”
1st Place for Brisket: “Local Smoke BBQ”
1st Place for Chicken: “Pigheaded BBQ”
1st Place for Ribs: “Smoke or Be Smoked”
The title of Grand Champion of the 2015 New Jersey State Barbecue Champion, and an automatic bid to compete in the World Food Championship in Kissimmee, Florida, belongs to “Uncle Pig’s Barbeque Pit” out of Gibbstown, NJ. After competing for the first time in 6 years, they finally perfected their craft to earn the first place (overall) finish. In addition to their title as State BBQ Champ, “Uncle Pig’s Barbeque Pit” also received 2nd place for their chicken and 4th place for their brisket. The Reserve Grand Champion was awarded to “Slower Lower BBQ”, who also took home 3rd place in pork and 4th place in brisket.
“Its popular festivals like the 2015 NJ State BBQ Championship and Blues Festival that help boost our local economy, and I’m looking forward to next year,” said Mayor Patrick Rosenello.
Written by: Colin Durnin