- North Wildwood Veterans Day Service to be Held on November 11th, 2016
- Please See South Jersey Gas Factsheet Regarding Large-scale Infrastructure Improvement Project
- AC Electric Urges Winter Weather Preparedness
- North Wildwood Police Department Holds Operation Take-Back for Prescription Drugs
- AC Electric Cautions Customers of Utility Scam
- Important Information from NWPD Concerning Irish Fall Festival
- NORTH WILDWOOD BEACH PATROL ANNOUNCES GUARDED BEACHES FOR CLOSING OF 2016 SUMMER SEASON
- North Wildwood Releases Study Assessing Possible Costs Incurred for a City Name-Change
- Mayor Patrick Rosenello Orders Flags be Flown at Half Staff for Dallas Police Officers
- NJDEP Approves Community Forestry and Vegetation Management Plans of the City of North Wildwood
- 2016 Parking Meter Information
- 2016 Water Main Flushing Schedule
- 2016 Beach Fishing Permits – Rules and Form
Photos Taken By: George Capua
NORTH WILDWOOD HOSTS 2016 BBQ STATE CHAMPIONSHIP & BLUES FEST
North Wildwood – Olde New Jersey Avenue was alive and smoking as thousands gathered in celebration of the 2016 NJ State BBQ Championship and Blues Festival held in North Wildwood, NJ. The events took place from Friday July 8th – Sunday July 10th, 2016, and consisted of live music, spirits, and mouth-watering barbecue.
The free festival kicked off at 4p.m. on Friday with the commencement of the opening ceremony. There was certainly no shortage of tunes for blues music lovers as they danced and sang to the sounds of Blue Jay Slim & the Tone Blasters, Steve Cal’ Band, Jeff Fetterman Band, Brian Brazil & the Hard Case, James Day & the Fish Fry, Frank Bey & Swing City, Bev Conklin and BC Convo.
While blues music was rocking, 65 teams were competing for the title of New Jersey State Barbecue Champion. The title of Grand Champion of the 2016 New Jersey State Barbecue Champion belongs to “Finn’s Finest BBQ”. The Reserve Grand Champion was awarded to “Wilbur’s Revenge”. For full contest results, please visit: http://www.kcbs.us/event/6081/new-jersey-state-barbecue-championship.
“Its popular festivals like the 2016 NJ State BBQ Championship and Blues Festival that help boost our local economy, and this is an event that thousands look forward to year after year,” said Mayor Patrick Rosenello.